Deep tissue Massage
Deep tissue massage
Deep tissue massage therapy is similar to Swedish massage, with a deeper pressure to benefit – releasing chronic muscle tension. The focus is on the deepest layers of muscle tissue, tendons and fascia (the protective layer surrounding muscles, bones and joints).
Benefits of deep tissue massage
Strong pressure is use for the manipulation of the deeper layers of muscle and soft tissues in the body. The massage therapist uses warm oils to soften and relax the top lay of the muscle tissue then apply deep pressure and concentrates on the to reach deeper layers of the muscle tissue. Many people get a deep tissue massage to help relieve chronic aches and pain.
which forms uric acid crystals. These settle around the joints
resulting in pain, stiffness and inflammation. But high levels of uric acid itself will cause stiffness in the muscles and if you
wake up with stiff muscles then you might have increased uric acid levels, without actually suffering from full blown gout.
• Eat cherries and drink cherry juice! Cherries are known to reduce uric acid levels and are also high in antioxidants to
help prevent the damage high levels of uric acid can cause.
• MSM 2000mg/day has been known to help prevent gout
• Drink 3 cups of nettle or juniper tea/day (mix them together or alternate them)
• Celery seed supplements also help to flush uric acid out of the body.
HOW TO HELP?
• During an attack of gout taking bromelain 500mg every 2 hours can reduce the inflammation
• Make a juice of potato, beetroot, celery and lettuce and drink 100ml of this every hour
• If you are taking supplemental B12 or B3 – you will have to stop until your uric acid levels fall – these both increase
uric acid levels
• Naturally if the pain persists or is severe see your doctor.
food to avoid – protein rich foods, are known causes of gout & uric acid build-up.
• Beer and other alcoholic beverages
• Certain fish including anchovies and sardines
• Organ meats (all meat itself can cause gout)
• Certain vegetables including mushrooms, spinach, asparagus and cauliflower
• A diet high in fruit (more than 4 pieces/day- fructose can increase the body’s production of uric acid)
Swedish massage is based on energy work also known as charkas the energy wheel is located on our spine the meridian. Learn more about this therapy when you book this therapy with us. During 1776 – 1839 Dr. Per Hendrik Ling a Swedish Physiologist at Stockholm University developed and pioneered Swedish massage, he combined massage therapy, anatomy, physiotherapy, acupressure, lymphatic drainage and called this system (MEDICAL GYMNASTICS). Touch and glow use Swedish movements in our treatments known as Swedish massage. Swedish massage use deep pressure a deep tissue massage and is known for its health benefits breaking muscle knots, ease muscle tension, loosens stiffness, relief pain, and discomfort.